New cpu, stuck at bios screen

Blemming

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Okay, so I bought a new cpu , I used to have a intel e2140 , my motherboard is an Acer F672cr, so I got the best thing i could get with 800 mhz fsb I got the intel E 5400 , Now i put in the new the new cpu , turn it on , nothing happens except all the lights turn on , so I post on some other forum apparently I have to flash my bios to the newest version , i do that, computer turns on i get bios screen, yay its working , 5 mins later, still stuck at the bios screen, ive tried everything, ive tried reseating everything, I tried taking out the battery to reset the bios , I flashed my bios , the weird thing is too is when im at the bios screen my keyboard wont work, and also when i switch back to my old cpu it works perfectly fine , infact im typing this on my old cpu

anyways here are my specs im starting to think something else isnt compatible

Cpu: intel pentium E2140 socket 775 65nm 1.152v
motherboard: Acer F672cr
Bios: Pheonix version r01-b1
Memory: ddr2 2x 1gb 333 mhz (pc2-5300)
Graphics card: evga geforce 8800 gts 640mb

any tips or ideas on how to fix this would be amazing

ulysses35

Distinguished
As far as I am aware Acer dont actually make motherboards. If you download CPUz it will be able to give you the correct manufacturer and model number motherboard

This will enable you to check with the correct manufacturer which CPU's it supports - you will more than likley need a BIOS update

Blemming

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
motherboard.jpg

it really is acer lol, it only supports 800 fsb , and the e5400 uses the same voltage than my current e2140 only different is the nm my current is 65 and the e5400 is 45 , which as I understand is fixable with a simble bios flash, which I did, but i got it from the acer site and the date on it is from august of last year, ill try looking around if i can find another one thats newer

Latest posts