LLC question - overclocking 2600k

madmax555

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Can someone explain why i'm getting such a high voltage reading in CPU-z when I overclock @ 5.2 GHZ, I set in Bios 1.47 V but in CPU-z, I'm getting 1.6 V with LLC at the highest setting. Its stable at this voltage with full load in 90's C.

I'm using P67A-UD7 Gigabyte board with 2600k

When I'm not using LLC...I can overclock it at 5.1 GHZ at 1.5# but the CPU-z iis reading less then what I put in the bios...it reads off by .2.

Can someone explain why...Which one is the accurate voltage?

G

Its correct. Under load, vcore drops in voltage. LLC was created to make up for the drop by increasing the vcore voltage under load. By putting it on highest setting, llc is putting in more voltage and therefore increasing the vcore. By turning it off, you're seeing the drop. Typically you want to set llc so that vcore either stays the same or drops a little bit. There should be levels 1-10 in your bios, right? Try to find the right level so that vcore stays the same or drops a little bit. I set vcore to 1.180 @ level 4 and it drops 0.006 to 1.174, my optimal setting.

madmax555

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
I notice in my Bios that sensor is the same reading as CPUz so they must be the same. In the Bios it also drops from what I manually set to. Now what is the drop exactly? Is it the drop from manual setting i have at 1.565 then it reads at 1.536 or is after I go full load and it drops from 1.536 to 1.512?

G

Your vcore won't stay exactly the same. It always fluctuates. Don't worry about it being different. Vcore can go up or down. You should only worry about what it does at load, whether it goes up or down. Vcore can change during idle. I think the drop is called vdroop or vdrop.