Your question

XFX HD 4890 1GB GDDR5

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2009 8:51:08 PM

Hi

I have the graphics card below and the description says it is 24x.

Is this compatible with a PCI-E 16x motherboard?

Thanks
H

More about : xfx 4890 1gb gddr5

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2009 8:51:57 PM

Quote:
Hi

I have the graphics card below and the description says it is 24x.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/167969

Is this compatible with a PCI-E 16x motherboard?

Thanks
H

a c 187 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2009 9:07:42 PM

Yes.
The 24X refers to special image improvements (custom anti-aliasing), and has nothing to do with the PCI-E slot.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2009 9:12:33 PM

thank you, you are a life saver.

can I just check this card will work with this motherboard?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/172846

also what power supply should I get? I spend £500 and got the wrong power supply.

What power connection does the graphics card need?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2009 9:13:12 PM

coozie7 said:
Yes.
The 24X refers to special image improvements (custom anti-aliasing), and has nothing to do with the PCI-E slot.

thanks you
a c 187 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2009 9:34:33 PM

The card will work perfectly with that motherboard, no problems at all.
For power, look for a good unit of 500W or over. I think all the HD4890s' use 1x6 pin and 1x8 pin PCI-E connectors so look for that as well.
I take it you are in the UK? If so look at: Scan, CCL, Overclockers, Ebuyer, Microdirect and Novatech for the PSU. Look for: Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Silverstone and Pc Power and Cooling, with at least 1x6 and 1x8 pin PCI-E connectors and an output of 500W or a little more.
Stay away for cheap powersupplies, they are tempting I know, but they cause no end of problems, stick with a good maker.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2009 10:30:06 PM

coozie7 said:
The card will work perfectly with that motherboard, no problems at all.
For power, look for a good unit of 500W or over. I think all the HD4890s' use 1x6 pin and 1x8 pin PCI-E connectors so look for that as well.
I take it you are in the UK? If so look at: Scan, CCL, Overclockers, Ebuyer, Microdirect and Novatech for the PSU. Look for: Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Silverstone and Pc Power and Cooling, with at least 1x6 and 1x8 pin PCI-E connectors and an output of 500W or a little more.
Stay away for cheap powersupplies, they are tempting I know, but they cause no end of problems, stick with a good maker.

thanks for your help, I will go with that and order one I have been trying to get it going for a while with no luck I think it is the power supply.

thanks again
!