XFX HD 4890 1GB GDDR5

Hi

I have the graphics card below and the description says it is 24x.

Is this compatible with a PCI-E 16x motherboard?

Thanks
H
6 answers Last reply
More about 4890 gddr5
  1. Quote:
    Hi

    I have the graphics card below and the description says it is 24x.

    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/167969

    Is this compatible with a PCI-E 16x motherboard?

    Thanks
    H
  2. Yes.
    The 24X refers to special image improvements (custom anti-aliasing), and has nothing to do with the PCI-E slot.
  3. thank you, you are a life saver.

    can I just check this card will work with this motherboard?

    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/172846

    also what power supply should I get? I spend £500 and got the wrong power supply.

    What power connection does the graphics card need?
  4. coozie7 said:
    Yes.
    The 24X refers to special image improvements (custom anti-aliasing), and has nothing to do with the PCI-E slot.


    thanks you
  5. The card will work perfectly with that motherboard, no problems at all.
    For power, look for a good unit of 500W or over. I think all the HD4890s' use 1x6 pin and 1x8 pin PCI-E connectors so look for that as well.
    I take it you are in the UK? If so look at: Scan, CCL, Overclockers, Ebuyer, Microdirect and Novatech for the PSU. Look for: Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Silverstone and Pc Power and Cooling, with at least 1x6 and 1x8 pin PCI-E connectors and an output of 500W or a little more.
    Stay away for cheap powersupplies, they are tempting I know, but they cause no end of problems, stick with a good maker.
  6. coozie7 said:
    The card will work perfectly with that motherboard, no problems at all.
    For power, look for a good unit of 500W or over. I think all the HD4890s' use 1x6 pin and 1x8 pin PCI-E connectors so look for that as well.
    I take it you are in the UK? If so look at: Scan, CCL, Overclockers, Ebuyer, Microdirect and Novatech for the PSU. Look for: Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Silverstone and Pc Power and Cooling, with at least 1x6 and 1x8 pin PCI-E connectors and an output of 500W or a little more.
    Stay away for cheap powersupplies, they are tempting I know, but they cause no end of problems, stick with a good maker.



    thanks for your help, I will go with that and order one I have been trying to get it going for a while with no luck I think it is the power supply.

    thanks again
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon HD Graphics Cards Compatibility Motherboards PCI Express Graphics