Sign in with
Your question

Amd Athlon x4 620 - 800 MHz??

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 4, 2009 3:59:58 PM

Today i assembled a system using Athlon II x4 620. But in CPU-Z, i am getting a core speed of 800 MHz and in system properties 780 MHz. BIOS is displaying 2.6 GHz.

CPU-Z is showing this data

Core Speed - 800 MHz
Multiplier - x4.0
Bus Speed - 200 MHz
HT Link - 2000 MHz

Package - Socket AM2+ (940)

But i am using an AM3 socket motherboard- BIOSTAR TA790GX A3+
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/t-series/introduction....

I think the problem is coming from HT Link speed.

Do i have to update something? If no, how to increase the multiplier?

More about : amd athlon 620 800 mhz

a b à CPUs
November 4, 2009 4:07:10 PM

Sigh... If there aren't at least a million threads about this I will kill myself I swear... Go into BIOS, CPU options (or advanced options, I am not sure where it is), find Cool 'n' Quiet and disable it. And you don't even have to disable it, what it does is conserve your energy when you don't need to spend it. Try running a WinRAR benchmark and at that time see what is your CPU frequency in CPU-z.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 4, 2009 4:18:41 PM

All these questions are actually from the same person...who wants to screw with us...for the lulz
m
l
Related resources
November 4, 2009 4:40:57 PM

I don't know what you are talking about. I am really having this problem.

Anywayz thanks for the help. I tried to run winrar benchmark but the core clock was still 800 MHz. So i went into BIOS and did as you said. Now the core is 2600MHz.

But the socket problem is still there. Why is it displaying AM2+ ?
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 4, 2009 4:49:34 PM

make sure you update the BIOS, even tho it is AM3 motherboard and AM3 processor, there's a good chance that the BIOS does not support the AthlonII X4 navtively.
m
l
November 4, 2009 5:06:05 PM

It's normal, and there is no problem. Mine shows 800Mhz and I'm happy with it.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 4, 2009 5:07:46 PM

itisravi said:
I don't know what you are talking about. I am really having this problem.

Anywayz thanks for the help. I tried to run winrar benchmark but the core clock was still 800 MHz. So i went into BIOS and did as you said. Now the core is 2600MHz.

But the socket problem is still there. Why is it displaying AM2+ ?

No need to worry about that, CPU-Z doesn't recognize AM3, so it displays it as AM2+ (I guess the programmers were lazy to change a simple AM2 to AM3, but they weren't lazy to change LGA775 to LGA1366). Also, sorry about that post, but with all of these questions coming in a huge number you'd really think someone is playing a prank on you.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 4, 2009 5:08:05 PM

Devastator_uk said:
It's normal, and there is no problem. Mine shows 800Mhz and I'm happy with it.

Mine wasn't showing so I enabled it later...
m
l
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 25, 2010 6:07:08 PM

CPUID only displays the frequency of one core. The Athlon II x4 has independent core frequency management, so use something else, such as coretemp to monitor the CPU frequency. Windows tends to use core 3 and CPUID reads core 0's frequency.
m
l
!