Will this mobo support quad sli?

Yes you can use either 2 9800GX2's or 2 7950GX2s but first of all IMO there are better options that them,you can get single cards with better performance.
Also the difference between dual 8x and dual 16x isn't much but since its Quad-SLI then you may see a little performance drop (not much though) compared to dual 16x on high resolutions.

Sure, you can go quad SLI. I think it's kind of late to be thinking about throwing in another 7950GX2. As for the 9800GX2 it isn't getting any more driver support and isn't worth the cost of buying two. Not only that but there is significant CPU overhead when using quad SLI over dual SLI or dual crossfire. You are better off getting two more modern cards.

cowtipper666

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

thank you for responding, on second thought how do you think the new (semi new) nvidia gtx295 i believe it was, perform on this board. i think they were the recent cards to support quad sli and one of 3 series of cards to support quad sli, using 2 dual gpu cards that is.

do you think the 570 chipset will bottleneck and performance?

GTX 295 is a better choice than dual 9800GX2's/7950GX2's and it will work fine on it,however i recommend you getting 1 GTX 295 because 2 GTX 295's doesn't always perform well due to driver problems(Mostly all Quad MultiGPU setups don't always perform well)

TRENDING THREADS