Sign in with
Your question

Just got windows 8 on new Computer, Restarted now i cant even see Windows Logo

Last response: in Windows 8
December 29, 2012 1:27:27 AM

Hello, i recently just created a new computer. I have everything put together, and i was actually able to use it. After the first re-start, i can't do anything.Any tips?O ya, and black screen.

a b * Windows 8
December 29, 2012 1:48:43 AM

When do you get the black screen? Does the Windows 8 splash screen show up first, and then it goes black and stops responding? Or do you even get that far?
m
l
December 29, 2012 4:19:13 PM

So now im past the black screen, but when i want to repair, i get this message: "windows cannot be installed to this disk. This comupters hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the comupters" let me know thoughts on what i can do.
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2012 4:25:35 PM

You will have to install windows 7.
windows 8 won't work because of something uefi thing and motherboard compatibility.
i have very less knowledge about it but it is truth.
m
l
December 29, 2012 4:27:40 PM

devilex94 said:
You will have to install windows 7.
windows 8 won't work because of something uefi thing and motherboard compatibility.
i have very less knowledge about it but it is truth.

.... really. will microcenter probably not refund it then? Because i put in key and actually have used it.
m
l
December 29, 2012 4:34:04 PM

PooperPants said:
.... really. will microcenter probably not refund it then? Because i put in key and actually have used it.

I don't think they will refund any money .still you try to find some workaround for it.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
December 29, 2012 4:45:51 PM

Might be helpfull if you post more info about system, such as MB and type of HD (ie HDD or SSD).
What was Bios set to (HDD controller) for installation; ide, ahci, or sata?
If it orginally worked, it may not be a windows 8 compatability issue.

Might need to Update the MB bios to the newest version, and if using a SSD might want to flash to the newest firmware.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
December 30, 2012 12:28:55 AM

PooperPants said:
So now im past the black screen, but when i want to repair, i get this message: "windows cannot be installed to this disk. This comupters hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the comupters" let me know thoughts on what i can do.

I ran into this a few days ago with one of my systems I was eventually setting up to act as a file server. It was caused by trying to install Windows 8 from a USB 3.0 capable flash drive. As soon as I switched over to a USB 2.0 flash drive to install from, everything worked perfectly. The newer USB 3.0 devices while technically backwards compatible with 2.0 ports and controllers, do exhibit odd behavior in certain situations.

m
l
!