Thinkpad i 1400 2611-410 max HDD size?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 7, 2004 11:41:40 AM

I am trying to source a new drive for this older machine but am not
having much luck. I have tried contacting IBM directly & all they can tell
me is a 4.8 GB is the largest tested.

Has anyone tried putting a larger drive in one of these units? If so how
large? Does this unit even have an upper limit to the total size & can I
get away with a 10-30 GB size.

Just looking for a little help in getting this unit back up & running..

Thanks
Steve
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 11, 2004 10:47:55 PM

"T`Amat" <T_Amat@hot-nospam-mail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to source a new drive for this older machine but
am not
> having much luck. I have tried contacting IBM directly
> & all they can tell me is a 4.8 GB is the largest tested.
>
> Has anyone tried putting a larger drive in one
> of these units? If so how large? Does this unit even
> have an upper limit to the total size & can I get
> away with a 10-30 GB size.
>
> Just looking for a little help in getting this unit back up
> & running..

Steve,

I upgraded the hard drive on my i1452 to a 12Gig Toshiba some
years ago. I think you'll be fine with anything in the
sub-30Gb range.

Best of luck.
!