Sign in with
Your question

Different temperatures of CPU

Last response: in Overclocking
October 3, 2011 8:03:32 PM

I recently bought new PC with i5 2500k on it and OCed to 4.5Ghz and now I am just wondering which temperature I should be looking at cuz I see 3 different temperatures and core temperatures on AIDA64 and I am not sure which one is the most important one. Before on my Asus P5K Deluxe and Q6600 I had a single temperature called CPU + core temps. Now I see:
CPU
CPU Package
CPU IA Cores

So which temp is the one I should be watching?

More about : temperatures cpu

a c 159 à CPUs
a c 291 K Overclocking
October 3, 2011 8:31:35 PM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Download core temp and use that.
October 3, 2011 8:50:53 PM

saint19 said:
Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Download core temp and use that.

Thanks, but no thanks. Changing application won't cancel out the fact that I wanna know what those temperatures mean. Anyone that can actually help me?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 3, 2011 10:01:07 PM

You want to look at "core temps" since there aren't any sensors in the IHS of the processor to give you an accurate cpu tcase temperature (intel temp spec).

So, as already stated, download Coretemp or Realtemp and see if the core temps match the core temps of your program, then you know they are accurate.

(Personal attack removed by moderator.)
October 3, 2011 11:11:17 PM

I know what coretemp is like I already have had it and I dont want it.
(Response to personal attack removed by moderator.)
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2011 1:36:12 AM

Firzenizer said:
I recently bought new PC with i5 2500k on it and OCed to 4.5Ghz and now I am just wondering which temperature I should be looking at cuz I see 3 different temperatures and core temperatures on AIDA64 and I am not sure which one is the most important one. Before on my Asus P5K Deluxe and Q6600 I had a single temperature called CPU + core temps. Now I see:
CPU
CPU Package
CPU IA Cores

So which temp is the one I should be watching?

Almost all the OCers I know use free utilities or the M/BD system monitering software packaged with their M/BD.

I'm guessing, and maybe wrongly, that this software came preinstalled on your PC.

I personally do not know what those labels represent as I do not use that Monitoring software. However, perhaps if you click on the Help tab there may be a Glossary there that would explain those labels/terms to you.

Good luck to you and have a good evening. :sol: 
October 4, 2011 6:40:00 AM

Nothing is preinstalled in a selfbuilt rig.

I have been using AIDA64 (previously known as Everest) for last 5 years or so it's the only program that can provide you with all the possible information of your PC that I know. I don't know any other program that can provide me with as much info as AIDA64.

I see some people using like 5-10 different programs to read sensors and other settings of hardware. AIDA64 just does it in one program. No need for using tons of different programs to do the job.
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
October 4, 2011 9:24:17 AM

I stopped using Everest years ago because it sometimes got confused when it read motherboard sensors.

I would rather depend on several small programs that all give accurate, usable results than one that mostly gives accurate results. I'm pretty sure that most of the regulars here feel the same way.

But when in doubt, consult Google:
http://forums.aida64.com/index.php?/topic/418-what-does...
October 4, 2011 11:09:32 AM

hey Bud

I use Coretemp and HWmonitor, the programme coretemp is in more ways better than the other programmes. I use HWmonitor to get a different side tho, like Fan Speeds, GFX card etc.

Those are what i would suggest.
October 4, 2011 3:19:32 PM

CoffeeDrinker said:
hey Bud

I use Coretemp and HWmonitor, the programme coretemp is in more ways better than the other programmes. I use HWmonitor to get a different side tho, like Fan Speeds, GFX card etc.

Those are what i would suggest.

Coretemp nor HWmonitor dont have as much info as AIDA has.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2011 3:24:23 PM

Any luck on that "Help" tab?
October 4, 2011 9:36:03 PM

Thanks jsc. At least I know what IA cores means, but CPU package is still a mystery. But that's not very important anyway.
!