Installing dual core processor

stevie44

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Looking at buying a dual core processor, from single core. Getting ready for Modern Warfare 2. Buying the amd 5200+ from Newegg.

I've done the ram, video card, and wireless card. Looking for any advice or help, on how difficult this upgrade would be. All those other upgrades were just plug in and not brain surgery. Any links, webpages or blogs. Would be nice to have handy. Yes, am at the begginer level, if wasn't obvious already. Lastly, one installed will my windows vista 32 bit notice the change or do i have to do something in my bios. Thanks in advance.

Solution
As long as the cpu is on the list of approved cpu's for your motherboard then its brainless. It goes in the same way the old one comes out. With the pins on the AMD cpu's you can't install it the wrong way, at least not without a hammer. Your OS will recognize the chip right away and you should be up and running in minutes just make sure you have secured the cpu, applied the paste and secured the fan then you're all set.

sdf

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
As long as the cpu is on the list of approved cpu's for your motherboard then its brainless. It goes in the same way the old one comes out. With the pins on the AMD cpu's you can't install it the wrong way, at least not without a hammer. Your OS will recognize the chip right away and you should be up and running in minutes just make sure you have secured the cpu, applied the paste and secured the fan then you're all set.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS