Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best 128GB SSD for around $250?

Last response: in Storage
May 24, 2011 12:09:06 AM

Dunno, really want one of these to speed up my load times for a game and windows, I have a 10% of all SSDs promo code for newegg that will last the next three days so I would like to know how good the 120gb gets for my price?

More about : 128gb ssd 250

May 24, 2011 12:27:23 AM

Whichever work the best, I have both ports open on my motherboard...
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2011 12:39:52 AM

RCXDerp said:
Dunno, really want one of these to speed up my load times for a game and windows, I have a 10% of all SSDs promo code for newegg that will last the next three days so I would like to know how good the 120gb gets for my price?

From what I've been told and read for myself, the new Corsair Force 3 Series 128GB is going to be the best/fastest SSD around and it's going to be $220! Even though it's Sata III you can use it on Sata II (just won't reach it's potential until you upgrade to a Sata III controller or upgrade your MB) Still for the price I'd go with that over anything out there when they finally put it up for sale by the end of this month.
m
l
May 24, 2011 12:42:14 AM

As I said earlier my motherboard does have Sata III, I'll take a peak at the corsair...
Can you please link the 128GB Force 3?
m
l
May 24, 2011 1:43:49 AM

Tecmo how stable are Solid 3's because I have not heard anything about them, I'm just wondering but they look great for the price...
Also, I can get it for $202 with the promo code and 180 if OCZ's rebate works (probably not).
m
l
a c 143 G Storage
May 24, 2011 1:47:22 AM

It is a new budget drive released by OCZ, so there is no "history" with the drive. I would trust the drive based on the track record of OCZ and them being one of the leaders in SSD Manufacturers.
m
l
May 24, 2011 1:50:43 AM

Agh... now I'm stuck between the M4 and the Solid 3, which both look great... but I'm kind of iffy about the Solid 3 because OCZ's drives don't have the best records...
m
l
a c 143 G Storage
May 24, 2011 1:55:54 AM

Crucial m4 is a nice drive (I know saint19 is a fan) and so is the OCZ Solid 3 (I'm an OCZ supporter/fan), so it is a tough decision. I've had no issues with my OCZ and I think most of the issues with OCZ is really the drive itself but how they switched from 34nm to 25nm without saying anything. It caused a slight performance hit, along with decreased capacity. The drive itself was still very reliable.
m
l
May 24, 2011 1:57:56 AM

Noice, but do you have any experienc with their warrantys? because I would like the extra 8 gigs on the m4 and if the warranty doesn't go through with the solid 3 then the M4 is cheaper...
m
l

Best solution

a b G Storage
May 24, 2011 2:01:16 AM

Not a big fan, but Crucial is the only manufacturer that ship to my country for free :lol: .

In the other hand, I must accept that 7.9 score on windows and be above of many of the OCZ Vertex drives in AS SSD benchmark is nice :) 

OCZ is very good too, and as Doug say is your choice which one you prefer. One is better for writing (OCZ) and the other is better for read (Crucial), 90% of time my OS read from the SSD, so, I prefer faster read speed that faster writing speed.
May 24, 2011 2:07:20 AM

Oh thats nice cause I need read times more than write, so I guess I'm going to order my M4 tonight so it arrives Thursday or friday with the free shipping hopefully, and I will re install windows onto it once my ASRock P67 Extreme 4 gets back from RMA, so I don't have to use this cheap-o Intel Board...
m
l
a c 143 G Storage
May 24, 2011 2:09:12 AM

I can't speak of the warranty for either of the two manufactures. I have not had any of their components fail on me when I had the in use.

As for the MIR, I received one from OCZ without issues for some memory I purchase a while ago. As long as you meet their requiements, there should be no issue getting, outside of how long you wait.
m
l
May 24, 2011 2:15:28 AM

Well just put in an order for the M4, maybe next time I will try OCZ when I get a new rig.
m
l
May 24, 2011 2:15:36 AM

Best answer selected by rcxderp.
m
l
a b G Storage
May 24, 2011 2:16:20 AM

RCXDerp said:
Oh thats nice cause I need read times more than write, so I guess I'm going to order my M4 tonight so it arrives Thursday or friday with the free shipping hopefully, and I will re install windows onto it once my ASRock P67 Extreme 4 gets back from RMA, so I don't have to use this cheap-o Intel Board...

Be sure to use the 6Gb/s SATA port ;) 
m
l
!