Cant adjust System Restore XP Home

Hi,
Using XP Home. I would like to adjust the System Restore
file size. I have an 80 gig HD, and the System Restore
file size is set to maximum 12 (over 9 gig).
When I go to System Restore-System Restore Settings,
nothing happens. When I go to My Computer-Properties-
System Restore, The box to "Turn off System Restore" is
fades and says: (disabled by Group Policy)
When I click on Settings, it says Hard Disk (C:)
Monitoring, Under "Disk space usage" the slider and text
is faded, can't change.
I've tried everything short of re-installing XP Home.
I heard that there is a Group Policy Editor in XP Pro,
but not XP Home.
Thanks in advance,
Bill Latshaw - New Jersey
3 answers Last reply
More about cant adjust system restore home

    Hi Bill,

    Open Registry Editor and navigate to:

    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore

    In the right-pane, delete the value "DisableConfig".
    Close Registry Editor
    Close and re-open the System Restore properties page.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Bill Latshaw" <latsh@optonline.net> wrote in message news:335801c47131$483510f0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    Hi,
    Using XP Home. I would like to adjust the System Restore
    file size. I have an 80 gig HD, and the System Restore
    file size is set to maximum 12 (over 9 gig).
    When I go to System Restore-System Restore Settings,
    nothing happens. When I go to My Computer-Properties-
    System Restore, The box to "Turn off System Restore" is
    fades and says: (disabled by Group Policy)
    When I click on Settings, it says Hard Disk (C:)
    Monitoring, Under "Disk space usage" the slider and text
    is faded, can't change.
    I've tried everything short of re-installing XP Home.
    I heard that there is a Group Policy Editor in XP Pro,
    but not XP Home.
    Thanks in advance,
    Bill Latshaw - New Jersey

    Thanks Ramesh. I edited the registry and it worked.
    Thanks again.
    Bill Latshaw

    YW Bill. Glad to be of assistance.

    --

    "Bill Latshaw" <latsh@optonline.net> wrote in message news:39a201c47213$ec386340$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    Thanks Ramesh. I edited the registry and it worked.
    Thanks again.
    Bill Latshaw

Configuration System Restore Windows XP