Windows xp ultimate audio drivers for HP pavillion dv6000

dynamona

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
There is no such thing as "Windows XP Ultimate". Do you need Windows 7 drivers for your DV6000? If so, just go to hp.com to get them.

True, there may not be a "WinXP Ultimate", however I've recently downgraded my dv6000 from Vista to XP Pro and have downloaded several audio drivers from the HP site, yet my audio device is still not recognized. I've also visited the nVidia website to search for the driver for the device "MCP67" that seems to be related to the HD audio, modem device and coprocessor errors I'm getting in Device Manager.

This XP install should be a simple, no-brainer..but its proving to be a total pain, so I may just try reinstalling. I've installed and saved so many drivers, I may never have to search for any again for an install..ever!

If anyone has a trick up their sleeve, I'd be happy to listen!

sdm004

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Hi Guys,

I've worked through a bunch of bugs, and found some fixes to both the audio, and other problems with installing Xp on this sh!tty HP laptop.

Here's the fix.

Audio:
Dload SP34204.exe from HP. This is the DV6101ea conexant driver. You will need to extract it, let it fail on the auto install. Directory will be something like c:\SWSetup\SP34204.

Follow these simple instructions (not my words!) to 'force' XP to install this driver.
##########
Device Manager>Audio device w/ "?'

Right click, Update Driver

Say "no, not at this time" for connecting to Windows Update

Install from a list or specific location

Don't search I will choose the driver to install

Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk"

Next...browse to unzipped 'c:\SWSetup\SP34204.' <--- THIS WILL BE OUR DIRECTORY LIKELY

Choose the "inf" file (there should be only one, and ignore any protest from XP. Reboot.