GA-EX58-UD3R Outrageous northbridge temps

Hey all. I recently noticed my UD3Rs northbridge temps are totally not acceptable. I noticed it first in BIOS and EVEREST
telling me it was idling at around 71c, and higher if i was playing a game. (I first noticed this at a LAN, where EVEREST was warning me about its temperatures. I didnt beleive it at all, so i used a friends laser thermometer, and touched the Gigabyte heatsink with my hand. After physically burning the tip of my finger, and reading the temp from the thermometer, it was correct. 65.56C. I know this is not normal. Is there anything i can do to resolve this? The PC itself is in a well ventilated area, and there are several chassis fans in place. Help?
answers
Last reply
More about ex58 ud3r outrageous northbridge temps
  1. Well if the heat sink hot it means it is in place. Your temps are hi but nothing to worry about...you can put a fan to blow directly in to the heat sink. You can use something like that:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209017
  2. From:
    Intel® X58 Express Chipset - Thermal and Mechanical Design Guide - November 2009

Definition of term:
    Tcase_max - Die temperature allowed. This temperature is measured at the geometric center of the top of the die.

;) you've got a ways to go!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Motherboards Product