PLEASE HELP ME URGENTLY! WIRELESS NOT RECOGNIZED BY WINDOWS!

swiftlaker

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
PLEASE HELP ME! I have a netgear WG111v3 Wireless Network Adapter. I have been using it for a few weeks without problem. Today, suddenlt, when i turned the computer on, it said that it had a 'USB Device Is Not Recognised By Windows' (the device is my wireless, 100% sure).

I'm not sure if it is relevant, but the day before i put in a new monitor, a dell one which has usb slots whn you plug in a cord to the computer. That day my wireless worked perfectly, but today my wireless was not recognized?! I tried a new monitor but my wireless still didn't work. I tried plugging my wireless in different slots but the same problem, not recognized and malfunction.

Again I say, that the adapter was working perfectly. Please help me! Why is my wireless not recognized?! Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

P.S. A few weeks ago i started playing HALO MULTIPLAYER and after playing a while my wireless disconnected from my modem. To fix the problem i had to reset my modem form the power. Just thought you might want to know.

Thanks in Advance!

Solution
G
Is the Netgear connection assistant not popping up, or are you using Windows Networking to connect ?

Check that other USB devices work in the computer.

Check Device Manager and see if it lists the WG111.

If poss try the WG111 in another computer.

If all else fails, if it's under warranty contact Netgear for an RMA -- or if out of warranty (but not ancient) take it back to retailer.
G

Is the Netgear connection assistant not popping up, or are you using Windows Networking to connect ?

Check that other USB devices work in the computer.

Check Device Manager and see if it lists the WG111.

If poss try the WG111 in another computer.

If all else fails, if it's under warranty contact Netgear for an RMA -- or if out of warranty (but not ancient) take it back to retailer.

Solution

swiftlaker

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I have already installed all the drivers for the netgear. The problem is that when i plug the adapter in, it says that the adapter is not recognized by windows.

I do think that it is the usb ports on my computer because my webcam is now not recognized, which was owrking perfectly before. Today i kept trying differnet ports for my adapter and suddenly it worked. I turned my computer off, came back and what do you know, my adapter is not recognized again!!

The only things via usb that work in any port are my mouse and keyboard!