rhymeminded

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Just got my shipment from tiger direct of an AMD Phenom Quad Core CPU 2.3GHZ, ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 motherboard, ATX Mid Tower case with 450w power supply included. My issue is, after connecting everything and screwing the mboard to the tower and plugging in the power supply, when I turn on the machine it stays on for about 4 sec's then goes back off. Its not even on long enough for me to see anything on the monitor. I rechecked all the connections to the best of my ability (the tower/powersupply combo didn't come with any manual or instructions so I can only refer to the mboard's manual). Any ideas why my new system isn't staying on?

rhymeminded

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009

thx for the info, im lookin at the mboard specs on the asus site and it says nothing about HT compatibility, may I ask where you got your info? I'm on live chat with tiger direct associate atm and he gave me the link to asus's site

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
HT is like a front speed bus for AMD processors, and the phenom's use a faster one than the athlon 64's, so a phenom will have a 3600MT/s or above bus, and the athlon 64 has a 2000MT/s bus.

that board downgrades the 3.6GT/s HT to 2GT/s so your CPU is running slower than it is meant to be.