• 0 %
  • OCZ Solid 3
  • 0 %
  • OCZ Agility 3
  • 0 %
  • OCZ Vertex 2
  • 50 %
May 25, 2011 5:04:45 AM

Looking at many SSDs right now. some listed below.

Crucial RealSSD C300
Crucial M4
OCZ Solid 3
OCZ Agility 3
OCZ Vertex 2

My budget is under $150 and am just looking at around 64GB. The SATA III speeds are tempting but im actually looking more at the IOPS and am kinda disappointed at the IOPS for the SATA III drives. Thus is why i have my original SSD i picked out a long time ago but never got around to buying it yet. Now that the 3rd gen drives are out im further expanding my research but having truble wrapping my head around this due to some lack of reviews on especially the Solid 3.

I'll keep doing my research but if any of you could help narrow down the list id much appreciate it.

More about : sata iii ssds worth

a b G Storage
May 25, 2011 5:30:26 AM

Unless you are using the IOPS as some kind of benchmark, its not 100%. I have a Intel X25-m G2 and honestly, its fast enough for me. 7 loads 3 seconds after the logo appears.

The one that you want to pay attention to is the read speeds. And if you can get SATA 6.0 then do it. they are pushing 400-500MB/s which means everything will load faster than you can blink.
a c 314 G Storage
May 25, 2011 5:54:28 AM

The problem with IOPS is individuals incorrectly think more is better. Most individuals do not know how many IOPS are required for a particular task. For example, when IOPS were measured while playing popular games, IOPS sometimes hit a peak rate just over 4,000 IOPS. There was one game that managed to hit a peak of 5,000 IOPS in one particular scene. The numbers are even lower for ordinary everyday stuff. Anandtech estimated 20,000 IOPS is more than enough for current usage models. I found similar information over in the professional/business side of the market. It all runs contrary to gamers' belief that more is better.
Related resources
May 25, 2011 6:04:35 AM

So pay more attention at sequential read/write? Ive been leaning twords the OCZ Solid 3 for a while.
!