Game Freezes

crazygamer

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Graphic Card: Sapphire Radeon HD3600 series
I experience a singular problem.
Games like Wolverine:Origins, Prince of Persia 4, etc. freeze up my pc.
The sound goes in loop.
The monitor shuts off.
I've to hard reset my pc.

I've even replaced the power supply to a branded 650W Cooler-Master.
The problem persists.

Looks like its a Ram or Video Driver isssue.... make sure you memtest your ram (full test), if no errors are detected, then go ahead and clean all of your video drivers and reinstall with the lastest from Ati's website.....

crazygamer

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Thanks for the replies.
I would like to add a few points regarding my issue.

1. My ram modules are DDR2 of a less mhz than my friendz. so i dont know how to check them for fault. Is there any other way. They show up in the device manager correctly. Except the fact that it show only 1.5 gb ram instead of 2 gb as i have four 512 mb modules. But Couple of years ago(when i bought them) i read that the then mobos had this defect when using four modules. I'll run memtest on them.

2. Yeah i'm looking forward to take the card to a friend to check. will update as i do it.

3. I dont think its a driver issue as i've tried old as well as new ones for this. (With cleaning and all, even re-installing the os)

4. I've tried on both Windows Xp which i use as well as the new Windows 7 RTM.

5. Every part is on default clocks.

Other things i would like to mention is that it only happens in specified games. E.g Bioshock on windows XP gave me no problems, but the same on windows 7 on DirectX10, the problem returns.
While Wolverine-Origins, it freezes on the start itself, for games like Far cry 2, POP 4, Bioshock on Windows 7, it freezes randomly anytime without any pattern.
Otherwise my pc's fine. Works with no hitches. Hell, I even finished Crysis-Warhead on medium settings without problems.

Its a possibility that its a Card issue, will get back to you...