P5n32-sli se deluxe and ati hd 5770

G

Hi, amm I buy a Radeon HD 5770 and I install the last driver for vista 32 bits (my operating system) and I have a motherboard P5N32-SLI SE DELUXE, and when I change my old graphic card (Nvidia GeForce 7950 GT) and I turn on my computer and NOTHINK HAPPEN in my display, so what Can I do

shagrathdex666

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
you can uninstall the nvidia driver completely and do the same on the ati one
after a reboot it will display primary (stock) without drivers,,
by the way (nice gpu) your ready for some directx 11 madness!

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
Same issue but with an ATI Radeon 5850. No POST, no beep, no BIOS. NOT a driver issue. My power supply is CoolerMaster 750 Watts so that's not the problem. Just will not beep, Hard drive does not spin up. The graphics card fan is running and my monitor knows that it is plugged into a DVI port of some sort.
As far as I can see, the card is just plain incompatible with the graphics family. Last BIOS was 901 back in 2007.
Time for a new processor and mobo!

jeroenbaas

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

I have the same *** with the ATI 5770 and the my P5N32-SLI se Deluxe but I have come a bit further by placing the ATI 5770 in the second PCIex16 slot.

After I connected my Samsung display to the HDMI port or use the HDMI to DVI converter (The DVI port does not give a display) on the 5770 I now can boot and installed the latest ATI drivers but I do not have a good image and get a BOD with a ATI2DVAG.dll message as soon as I change anything on the Display settings.

Also my stripe0 boot performance is a great deal slower.

It's a real nightmare this mobo also I had a lot of problems with mem timings.

Perhaps we can help each other?