• Intel i7
  • CPUs
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 10, 2009 8:32:44 PM

Hi, i did read the sticky :/ 

I just finished a new i7 build
evga gtx260, evga e758 mobo (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
), i7 cpu, pc power and cooling silencer 750 watt, and 6gb Mushkin ddr3 memory

so far, i only plugged in all the connections to mobo (24 pin, 8 pin cpu) and the case periph's
memory, VGA, and core

This is my second build (first in a while), and i remember that putting the cpu in the socket, the socket was very tight... so i was a little worried there already (and yes it was seated flat, and everythign matched up)

After plugging everything in, i switch the PSU on. A blue led next to 24 pin turns on. This is the only thing that happens. Even when i push the power switch.. so i quickly unplug and recheck everything, still nothing happens on later iterations.

Currently i'm away from my new build, but im starting to freak out a little :fou: 
One thing i haven't tried is to only have 1 stick of ram at a time, but would that really make or break the system in that severe of a way? I mean, the CPU fan doesn't even start up

Thanks!

More about : build boot

a c 77 à CPUs
August 10, 2009 8:36:22 PM

Faulty RAM can cause all sorts of strange problems, but this sounds more like a short. You might want to start out by breadboarding the system to eliminate a short as the problem.
m
l
August 10, 2009 8:39:05 PM

thanks for quick reply. I did use a anti-static so i hope nothings gone bad.

Does breadboarding= something like:
putting mobo on anti-static surface and only putting in memory, VGA, and cpu?
would that supposedly cause the bios to come out?
m
l

Best solution

a c 77 à CPUs
August 10, 2009 8:43:19 PM

Breadboarding is building the system with the motherboard outside the case on a non-conductive surface. There's a link to jsc's breadboarding thread in the checklist. You just need to start eliminating the possible problems one at a time. That's what the checklist is designed to do if you perform every step in it.
!