Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help with a tight budget build.

Last response: in Systems
August 10, 2009 9:57:21 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1 -2 week BUDGET RANGE: 200 max( lower the better)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: surfing the internet, Folding@Home , watching movies, very light gaming

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, Thermaltake pure power 500w, dvd rom, generic matx and atx case, 2gb ddr2 stick, 500 gb hdd

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: any

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type (example: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case)

OVERCLOCKING: Yes SLI OR CROSSFIRE: no

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440x900,

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Pretty much I want a best bang for the buck right now for a cpu and mobo that cost as little as possible. The main use of computer is school works and internet browsing. any help will be appreciated.

More about : tight budget build

Related resources
August 10, 2009 10:11:39 PM

Will you build it yourself? Seems like you didn't require that much parts at all, like HDD, OS, stuff

As Hunter315 Said, the only thing you probably will need is the Mobo and a "crappy" cpu? And maybe even a Graphiccard, depending on your "Light Gaming"

I know complete, ready-to-use computers from like $4-500, including everything+OS

The entire thing depends on your need of items and skills of buildin if you ask me :) 
m
l

Best solution

August 10, 2009 10:14:36 PM

how about this combo with the 785G chipset matx mobo combo?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
August 10, 2009 10:20:58 PM

would you guy recommend me dumping(giving it to my older computer) that ddr2 and get ddr3 ram right now?
m
l
August 10, 2009 10:25:45 PM

DDR3 means a new mobo and ram and they do not run cheap :D 
m
l
August 11, 2009 6:56:29 PM

Honkon's combo will allow room in the budget to get another 2GB RAM stick. Choose one that is identical to the one you have.
Actually, if you have a place for that other RAM stick, you could probably fit a 2x2GB kit of DDR2-800 into your budget. To minimize potential grief, get RAM that will run on the JEDEC default 1.8v. Cheapest is probably A-Data; I've used that brand on a few builds and never had a problem. For better timing and overclocking, my preference is mushkin, but that will be right at the ragged edge of your budget.
m
l
August 11, 2009 8:06:23 PM

what is the ram you recoomand if I go with honkon's deal?
m
l
!