Sign in with
Your question

Homebuilt Not BOOTING help!

Last response: in Systems
August 10, 2009 10:45:16 PM

Hey all, I'm having a problem with my computer. It is a 2 year old rig that has only had 1 problem, some faulty RAM. That has since been replaced, but just today I've encountered another problem. My computer does not seem to boot at all. When I plug everything in, the green light on the mobo turns on, indicating power goes to it but when I power on my rig it sputters, for lack of a better way of putting it. It starts the CPU Fan and the Rear fan, but only momentarily before shutting down and retrying again moments later. The only thing that I can think of is that something may have come loose during a 2.5 hour drive to college, because yesterday it worked FINE. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
CoolerMaster CM690
Intel Q6600 w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer7 HS/F
ASUS P5k-E WIFI/AP
4gb Corsair xms-2 ddr2-800 ram
OCZ GXS700 GameXStreme 700w psu
eVGA 8800gts 512mb
Seagate Barracuda 7200.16 250GB HDD

More about : homebuilt booting

August 10, 2009 11:48:39 PM

I don't have a case speaker, but apparently my mobo has an ob-board "buzzer," although I'm not too sure how it is supposed to work. I went through the entire list of things, except for getting everything out and "breadboarding" it to basically re-build it. I'll get on that next I guess, but if anyone has any ideas as to what kind of noise/sound the p5k-e buzzer should make that'd be great, as there is nothing in the manual and I've searched a few other forums as well to no avail.
m
l
!