InsideEdge

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Guys

Im looking to build a value for money rig that will be mostly used for poker playing, surfing etc, no hardcore gaming.

Is the X3 a good budget choice for this I know a cheap dual core would propb do the job but was wondering if that 3rd core made any real performance differences. I think the X3 may last longer before needing upgrading too.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Dual-core would do fine in your case, the triple-core would probably matter for multitasking.

I.e. Playing poker, watching youtube, archiving with winrar all at the same time.

If you usually do one thing at a time, the dual-core would suit just fine.

N19h7M4r3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
do yourself a favour and dont buy a dual core... imagine you find a nice game in the future and you end up not being able to play it neatly... or if you wanna convert a movie for your cellphone... buy as much cores as you can if your on a budget... id even say to get a an athlon 4x 620 the athlon x3 435 has a few more Hz but as i always say, you can squeeze that with a bit of overclocking but good luck getting one more core (unlocking cores doesnt count lol)
if you happen to do more things at a time (which you probably would end up doing, listening to music, a little virus-scan on the background, anything) go for at least the x3 =)