Problem with EK-FC Bridge DUAL Parallel 3-Slot

2ylk5c9.jpg

Looking inside the inlet/outlet ports, there's a lot of shavings. Seen here:

mi2lbd.jpg

And even worse here:

2z86hb7.jpg

I don't want to break the seal just yet. Is this a common problem and its my responsibility to clean it out? What's the best method for getting in there and cleaning it? My radiators arrive next Wednesday, on the 12th. I've got my little setup ready for flushing those out. Should I flush this? How should I go about getting those shavings out? Should I look for a replacement from the online retailer or go directly to EK with the issue? I bought it online from frozencpu.com. It was on backorder for such a long time, and now its finally here but in not perfect shape. :(

4h2jk3.jpg

Solution
Looks like you just need to flush them out; likely shavings from milling the ports and channels...nothing major to worry about unless they don't come out. Then, consider an RMA.
Yeah. First I'll try flushing. I bought a pretty robust cleaning kit for my .45 cal Ruger pistol. I have some attachments I haven't even used, meant more for rifles and shotguns. There's one with a felt-type material. I guess I'll use that felt one and wiggle it around gently to loosen any particles if the flushing didn't get them. Then of course, flush it again.

You see any issues with that? It's not a buttery smooth milling but scratches could make a nice home for algae, right?