Disk Management...change system disk

TJ

I just reinstalled windows onto my d: drive but now my d:
is the boot drive and my c: is the system drive. I want
to format my c: drive but I can't because its the system
drive. Please help.

Do you have two versions of XP C: and D: If yes, then your boot
files are on C: That's why you cannot
Format it. You can delete everything except boot.ini, ntldr, cmldr,
bootsect.dos and Ntdetect.com. or
you could just start over and delete and create new partitions and
reinstall XP on C: