New Build - 1300$ Max

Guys I building a new PC. I've decided on the following components. A little advice on any bottlenecks or overrated components or any ways to cut down cost without losing out on performance would be much appreciated. :)

I'm not an avid overclocker, though I wouldn't mind trying it out a little bit. The monitor I've chosen runs at 1680x1050 max. So that is the res at which I'll be gaming.

I'm from India and I'm using this website as a reference and thinking of buying from there. 1$ US ~ INR 48 and 1 euro ~ INR 48.

Processor: AMD Phenom II 940 BE
Motherboard: Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Memory: Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 4GB
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD6400AAKS
Graphics: Sapphire HD 4770 512MB
SMPS: Corsair CMPSU-550VX
Case: Nzxt Guardian 921
Input: Logitech G1 Gaming Desktop
Optical Drive: Asus DVD-RW
Thermal Compound: Arctic Cooling MX-2
Monitor: Viewsonic VX2240w

So what do you think guys? Is it a good build? Anything overdone? Thanks in advance. :)
3 answers Last reply
More about build 1300
  1. for 1300 you can get quite a bit more than what you are getting. But I get that is a cap rather than a target.

firstly I would up the PSU to Corsair 750 and up the graphics card to a ATI 4890. That would get you a lot more bang for your rupee. That graphics card is good, but for a bit more money you can get one that will last you a lot longer. Likewise if you ever want to change graphics cads in the future(to save money on buying an entirely new computer) the PSU will hold you back. Now this is just my personal bias since I like to have some breathing room with my PSU since they never work at their full stated power all the time.

Otherwise I think it looks fine. just my 2 paisa.
  2. Thanks aelyan. I was looking to add another 4770 a bit later. The power consumption works out really low even with crossfire on, at full load and with capacitor aging at 20%. I used this power usage calculator. So the even the Corsair vx450 seemes to do pretty well.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems