Floppy drive cannot read

tomtem

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hi helper,
My floppy drive cannot see any good disc, despite the light is on and the driver is properly installed I have tried a new internal one with no difference. The usb external drive can read some discs but is registered by Windows as floppy B and therefore cannot work with norton ghost_ even if I disabled/deleted floppy A. I have no issue with my previous main board until this new board&CPU The driver is from window xp and worked well with the old board. What can I do to make it work ?

tomtem

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Thank you for your reply,
I have checked the cable with no 1 red edge on the same side with the floppy and hard drives. The other end is one way to the board with the notch in the middle of the plastic plugin cap. Bios does see floppy drive A and the device manager shows no problem with the floppy My windows xp is 32 bit. Would it be relevant if windows 64 is installed?

tomtem

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Would you send me the link to download the driver? Thank you

Windows has native floppy drivers. Just delete the floppy drive from device manager and reboot. Windows will detect the drive and reinstall drivers. For usb/external floppies, the drive must be connected and turned on for it to show up in device manager.

tomtem

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I did that but it still didnot read any disc. The green led light is always on