This is so weird

pplthnkimweird

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I didn't know which section to post this in, thought this was the best option.

I recently bought a Samsung P2250 LCD.It has an optimum resolution of 1080p @ 60Hz.
My problem is when I connect it using either VGA/DVI, I'm getting resolutions upto 1280x1024 both in Windows 7 and nVidia CP.Since, my board doesn't support, I installed XP SP2 to remove any driver issues, if any.
Now, after installing all the drivers, I tested it using first, the 9600GT and then the IGP and now It's showing resolutions upto 2048x1536!!!
But, when I switch the res to anything above 1280x1024, the image stretches/goes beyond screen.When I look in the monitor info in both XP and 7, the monitor is recognized as a 17" CRT (i.e why 1280x1024)...what the hell ??
I took it to the Samsung tech guys, they checked on their two systems, on one it worked nicely and on the other didn't (I mean, WTF)!!! Both of their systems had Windows XP, used Onboard 945G Chipset graphics, used VGA and the resolutions were available upto 2048x1536. When asked why on one it worked and on another didn't, he replied that "some settings there".
I thought that this could be my Video card issue but since I checked by disabling it also, I don't know what is going on ?
Could a mobo have a 1280x1024 limit ? If yes, can it stop the video card from giving output @ that res ?
I can post additional details if you want.
Please help me, I don't know what to do.

My mobo is an Intel D945GTP (doesn't support Pentium Dual-Core or Core2Duo, only supports till Pentium D) and Video card is a Zotac 512MB 9600GT.

pplthnkimweird

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009

Those samsung techs dint even install the monitor drivers, it was just plug-n-play and voila, it worked on one system.
Nevertheless, I installed all the drivers (inf files).