Heatsink help! High profile RAM issues!

Old_FunGuy

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
I'm upgrading and have an ASUS P8z68 v-Pro, I7-2600K, and 16 GB of Corsair Vengeance.
I don't think I will OC to the max at all. I have been reading about clearance issues with
this Mobo and the high profile RAM. I have not ordered a heatsink yet but would rather install
it now than later while the mobo is out of the case.

Has anyone out there successfully installed all 4 chips on this set-up with a non stock heat sink?
If not, I may send the RAM back for something lower profile.

Thanks

Solution
I have EXACTLY the same configuration as yours.

I successfully installed the Zalman CNPS 9900MAX. Here is a photo to shot its clearance (although it's not from my build):

IMG_8276.jpg

The 9900MAX is good, but it's really expensive. If you don't want to drop all that money, you can save up by buying a similar Zalman HSF such as the 9900 LED.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I have EXACTLY the same configuration as yours.

I successfully installed the Zalman CNPS 9900MAX. Here is a photo to shot its clearance (although it's not from my build):

IMG_8276.jpg

The 9900MAX is good, but it's really expensive. If you don't want to drop all that money, you can save up by buying a similar Zalman HSF such as the 9900 LED.

Solution

Old_FunGuy

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Thanks for the reply and the pic. I looked up the specs on that and it shows it as 131MM (5 inches) wide which would put it into or over the 1st RAM slot. Does it sit above it? If so, that would be ideal.