Sign in with
Your question

Reservoir Question

Last response: in Overclocking
October 7, 2011 8:06:56 PM

I'm mocking up my HAF X for water cooling and a few mods to the case. I'm looking at using a Alphacool Cape Fuzion Core as the reservoir but see at this time there are only two versions, 10 & 30. I like the multiple ports for tubing and the ability to add up to 4 leds for lighting considering I'm going with straight distilled water. The Alphacool Cape Fuzion Core 10 is about 6ins, where the 30 is a little over 13ins. Now my case is pretty big but I can't see any reason or if it's possible to use a 13in reservoir and the 10 seems a little small. Has anyone heard whether Alphacool is going to make one that in between the two? Thanks

More about : reservoir question

a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 7:07:29 AM

The reservoir doesn't need to be huge - my current reservoir is a ~2" diameter cylinder that's ~1" long.
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 4:18:46 PM

Reservoir size isn't going to do anything for your overall temps...just to allow you to fill and prime your pump and ensure you can top off water when air works its way out of your loop.
Related resources
October 8, 2011 8:07:26 PM

Thanks for the replies. I know the reservoir size doesn't matter in the scheme of things. I like the design of the Alphacool cape fuzion core. I just wasn't sure if anyone heard whether they are looking at producing a middle size reservoir. The slightly longer version would have been more of an aesthetic preference. I'm just amaze a company would go from 14cm to a 34cm without an intermediate. They did with the Cape Corp Coolplex pro series.
a c 138 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 9:15:24 PM

Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 10 Copper Edition
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 25 Copper Edition
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 50 Copper Edition
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

If you ask me the Copper edition looks pretty cool.
a c 324 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 9:23:31 PM

Looks nice, but is anodized aluminum. Better hope that all surfaces are completely covered and not exposed to water in the loop.
!