Building a PC, asking for advice

Silicium01

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I have chosen these parts:

cpu: Athlon II X4 620
mobo: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

I wanted to see if this would be a good combination, I'm not very experienced so am double checking with you guys. The memory I listed is in the motherboards supported list, do you think it's a good choice? Any other advice or tips are greatly appreciated

One more thing: Would 450 watt PSU be enough for such a PC? I might add a graphics car worth roughly $100

shagrathdex666

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009

Silicium01

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
shagrathdex666

thanks for advice! I am on a tight budget so will have to settle for 620 for now :) but other than that yeah, rest seems like a good choice.

thanks again :D

Silicium01

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

previos reply was to you.

Ok, the budget is limited.

1- Is a good mobo with video onboard, but isn't enough for the job that you need.

2- The RAM isn't good, the CL is 9, the recomended is CL7 or CL8. Someone like THIS

3- The case is good, but not the PSU. You need a good PUS if you want upgrade your GPU in the future. 500W from a good brand like Coolermaster, Thermaltake, Corsair, Antec, PC power and cooling or OCZ.

4- This will be my rig configuration:

Mobo: 129.99
CPU: 104.97
RAM: 129.99
Case: 93.99
HDD: 50.99
GPU: 188.99
PSU: 84.99

Total price: 783.91

Silicium01

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

Interesint, thank you very much for advice.

Do you think there would be much difference if I used the mobo and ram that I listed vs what you suggested? rams are pretty much same price but mobo is $40 difference, I was wondering if it was worth it?

Are you sure this (what I had in list) PSU wont pull a decent graphics card? Is there a cheaper alternative to the PSU you usuggested on one of those sites that you think I could go for?

P.S. the ram that you suggested is not in the motherboards supported list (I checked their pdf) Could there be issues?

1- Yea, the mobo that you want have onboard video. The mobo that I list doesn't have. Always is better a mobo without onboard video. The mobo that you list can work fine, but not at the same performance that the mobo that I suggest to you.

2- For the RAM. From wikipedia.com "...CL, is the delay time between the moment a memory controller tells the memory module to access a particular memory column on a RAM memory module, and the moment the data from given array location is available on the module's output pins. In general, the lower the CAS latency, the better."

3- What brand is the PSU that you have?

4- The supported list is only for reference. That the RAM isn't in the list doesn't mean that the RAM don't work in the mobo. Like I said, is only for user reference, to sure them that the mobo works with those RAM speed.

Silicium01

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

My PSU would be the one that comes with the case, 450 watt, should not that be enough?