lehighace06

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
I'll be buying an EVGA GTX 275 for my new i7 rig. Of these two, what is the difference?

Vanilla http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130475
Superclocked http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130478

My guess would be that the superclocked card has overclocked settings out of the box but is physically the same, is that correct? If this is correct, how difficult is it to perform the clock adjustment to the settings of the vanilla card? Having never overclocked I'm not really comfortable doing that right now, so is it worth the extra $10-20 for the superclocked version? If this is not what the difference is, please explain.

GPU GeForce GTX 275
Core Clock 648 Mhz (v.s. 633 Mhz standard)
Shader Clock 1458 Mhz (v.s. 1404 Mhz standard)
Stream Processors 240 Processor Cores
Memory
Memory Clock 2376 Mhz (v.s. 2268 Mhz standard)

The SuperClocked is that its OC from the manufacturer

(My guess would be that the superclocked card has overclocked settings out of the box but is physically the same, is that correct? If this is correct, how difficult is it to perform the clock adjustment to the settings of the vanilla card? Having never overclocked I'm not really comfortable doing that right now, so is it worth the extra $10-20 for the superclocked version? If this is not what the difference is, please explain.)

My guess would be thos are the hand picked card that OC well, So they OC them and add a faw more bucks to them. It is not hard to OC the GPU to thos settings but will it be stable is a shot in the wind. Some might some might not.

Questions
1 yes
2 not hard
3 thats up to you

lehighace06

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
So my guess is correct then, but how troublesome is it to apply those overclocked settings? As mentioned, I've never overclocked so I'm not comfortable doing it unless it's particularly easy; that being said, is it worth the extra $20 to have the factory do it?

TRENDING THREADS