Mic is all static when ingame

mongii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
hello again. i got my mic to work at last after about 2 hours of fixing and tinkering the settings. i never imagined that setting up a mic is this hard. harder than overclocking in my experience. so now i got the most impossible problem again. my mic is working right, so my problem is when i run a game and use my mic in-game its becomes all static. my voice just becomes static. but when i close the game and test my mic again its perfectly fine. i know that its not the mic, and i read in my google and searches of different forums that other million people out there is having my same problem but no one has ever solved it. i searched for an answer for about 1 hour now and no answer! omg mic's are a pain in the ass and in the eyes, cause of all the reading! this is tougher than spyware! well the other stuff that i read was that people get static mic when in game playing team fortress. but im playing heroes of newerth.

btw, im using XP 64bit and realtek audio manager. can anyone pls help me. remember, i get static when ingame. but when not running a game i get clean perfect mic sound. im using an onboard soundcard. buying new headphones and a new soundcard isnt happening i won't do it. there should be an answer to this without spending more money!

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Sounds like there's interference, most likely from your graphics card. Try moving your card to a PCI-E slot further from your CPU. Best solution would be to buy a new sound card and put it in the bottom-most PCI slot, though. Or even a USB one.