Sign in with
Your question
Solved

2 GTX 580 Watercooling

Last response: in Overclocking
October 8, 2011 3:06:41 AM

Hey guys i'm going be water cooling my GTX 580s i have enough space to have a dual radiator up top but not thick a thin one

well i can have thick but don't see why

i'm wondering what pumps are safe use and whats best ones to get for a great price

also

i have 2 140MM fans up the top i want a radiator that line up correctly

unless you think a radiator size of 140mm is fine just have push pull this is just for 2 gtx 580s not the CPU

my case is antec DF 85 Full tower

was looking at this

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

or this

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

but im not sure about pumps either and i want a clean and nice setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxiCsWHUvQ

i like this i want it look similar with out CPU cooling

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2011/09/coole...

anyone know if removeing the tub and adding it to my custom water kit is good idea?

the vga block on this has a pre-builder pump in it so issue i have is haveing 2 pumps going be a issue?

More about : gtx 580 watercooling

a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 6:59:32 AM

A single 2x140mm is not going to be enough to dissipate the heat of 2x580s. Generally about a 2x120mm rad is recommended for each component being cooled, and 580s are a bit hotter than usual. Depending on the parts you buy you could be looking at least at a 3x120 and 2x120 radiator.
m
l
a c 325 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 4:16:27 PM

I think OP is somewhat confused on what he wants to do. He talks about mixing LCS GPU coolers with normal loop components?

OP- Can you give us a more comprehensive idea of what you are trying to do instead of saying 'use this [link] with this [link] or this [link] but maybe this [link]'? You seem to be jumping around a bit and are missing some of the most important concepts in watercooling.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 7:52:33 PM

TBH I didn't even look at the links. I just saw "240 rad" and "2x580" and knew it wasn't going to work haha
m
l
a c 325 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 8:58:48 PM

Yeah, I get frustrated when mainstream PC companies will only allocate a 240 rad for a CPU and 2x GPU setup...it causes so many people to blindly accept that this is going to manage temps...not even close. LCS coolers are just as bad...almost every one of them uses a 120mm rad (minus the H100) and a weak pump. It's just shoddy marketing and poor advertisement...but damn...people blindly will buy it.
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
October 8, 2011 10:28:38 PM

Wow that you-tube link looks a lot like my computer. Water cooling is a great way to go for keeping temps down but it has to be done right and if you have never done it before then you can't just jump into water cooling and expect it to look like that you-tube video. I agree it looks great but a lot of work and experience went into that setup.
m
l
October 9, 2011 3:58:45 AM

rubix_1011 said:
I think OP is somewhat confused on what he wants to do. He talks about mixing LCS GPU coolers with normal loop components?

OP- Can you give us a more comprehensive idea of what you are trying to do instead of saying 'use this [link] with this [link] or this [link] but maybe this [link]'? You seem to be jumping around a bit and are missing some of the most important concepts in watercooling.

not hard understand im showing you wat i think of using you give advice idc if you think im missing core components coz i have idea what i want and i know what i need.

I just need figure out how big of Rad i need to Cool off 2 GTX 580s il be useing bitspower connectors to set it up and tubing

oh soo hard to miss components

bit of sarcasm on last sentence

i'm not missing stuff all i just want information on Radiators and what pump is required to have enough pressure to pump the coolant one i linked above is suppose be more then enough for 2 GPUs but anymore i don't think it be good enough
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 9, 2011 4:44:54 AM

The pump is the least of your worries. I'm thinking at least 2x360 radiators will be what you need to cool these 580s adequately.
m
l
October 9, 2011 5:29:19 AM

boiler1990 said:
The pump is the least of your worries. I'm thinking at least 2x360 radiators will be what you need to cool these 580s adequately.

iv googled peoples setups

280 is fine most of setups iv seen use this and temps they get are better then reference dont need be 30C load just got be better then reaching 80c+ and it will ib looking at 50c to 60 c load plus i have a spair 120mm Radiator from my friends old Pc that il be using also at bottem
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 9, 2011 2:45:38 PM

You're only allocating about 240mm of rad space. If you really don't care about temps that much, you still need to check on which radiator is going to dissipate the ~400W of heat that 2x580s put out under maximum load (i.e. when you use them in gaming). Otherwise, your GPUs will still overheat.
m
l
a c 325 K Overclocking
October 10, 2011 3:26:45 AM

If you already know all the answers and you are in the right and us all wrong, why did you bother asking us in the first place?

We're trying to tell you...you are going to need a lot more radiator space than you realize. If you don't want to take the advice: fine. Please close the thread and stop trolling.
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
October 10, 2011 4:09:22 AM

I was looking at another 2x580 build: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/269332-29-zooka-build...

He's using 2x EVGA 580 Hydrocoppers, and he's got an RX360 and RX240 for his GPUs and CPU and is hitting 37C on the GPUs at 100% load - keep in mind these are thick radiators as well.
October 10, 2011 10:11:17 AM

rubix_1011 said:
If you already know all the answers and you are in the right and us all wrong, why did you bother asking us in the first place?

We're trying to tell you...you are going to need a lot more radiator space than you realize. If you don't want to take the advice: fine. Please close the thread and stop trolling.

fail go troll your mum
m
l
October 10, 2011 10:11:27 AM

Best answer selected by bowzef.
m
l
a c 325 K Overclocking
October 10, 2011 2:22:39 PM

Quote:
fail go troll your mum

Very educated and mature response...but exactly what I was expecting from someone who apparently 'knew it all' but still wanted to argue with those of us trying to help.

For the record, your grammar and spelling are fail, yet you seem to have a lot of confidence on subjects in which you actually do not. (also fail)
m
l
!