Sign in with
Your question

Crossfire 1GB XFX HD4850 and XFX 512MB HD4850 Issue...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2009 10:45:07 PM

Originally I had Crossfired a Sapphire ATI HD4850 512MB and a XFX ATI HD4850 512MB and that worked well except that the XFX card would idle at 41 degrees F and the Sapphire would idle at 74 degrees F which to me was too hot. I got a XFX HD4850 1GB to replace the sapphire (I got 1GB cause I was impatient) and now I cant play games! everytime I try to start one up it says "Display driver stopped working and recovered" and then it talks about atikmdag... Is there anyway I can fix this problem?
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2009 10:50:28 PM

Turn up the fan speed manually and see if that helps. Download gpu-z and does it say cf enabled?
September 2, 2009 2:37:07 AM

you probably need to reinstall your drivers, even though you had a previous crossfire setup lots of times windows will not detect the new device correctly and screws up the old drivers.
September 2, 2009 2:43:43 AM

I also think like belial that your drivers are screwing your setup. Also, hybrid crossfire isn't something I am too fund of. It would have been a great idea if it was using the full ressources of the 2 cards, but slowing one down to operate like twins isn't my cup of tea...

And drivers problems too >:p 
!