cobhc6

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
hello everyone,how are you all.. im new to this site and i hope i'll get some help. I have this weird problem with my sound card,its an IDT high definition Audio Codec, the major problem is when im recording through line in ..the jacks on the audio control panel change randomly..it switches places randomly and i see exclamation marks on the inputs which is a pain in the ass when recording because sounds always go off and i need to switch jack to line in again! and in the front panel its always showing that i have a mic plugged in although there is none.Help is appreciated

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
how are you

I'm kind of fine, I'd say not perfect but I'm fine at an acceptable level. I'll be finer when I get my day started

As for your problem, maybe the front panels connectors have a problem. You could begin by disconnecting them from your motherboard / sound card and then only use the built-in connectors.

If your front panel proves to be the problem, it's USUALY not a big deal to repair by yourself if you hapend to have a soldering iron, access to some parts and patience :)