biker_14

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I have recently switched from a CRT monitor to a LCD screen. My machince is for gaming. With the CRT i could run "Crysis" fine and with the LCD the game will not load past opening credits. I recieve the error message nvlddmkm not responding. I rolled back back upgraded video card. Still no luck. Any Suggestions?

So, you did more than just install an LCD?

Did you install a video card?

Please tell us brand name and model of PC, the make/model of your old and new vid cards, and teh make/model of your power supply.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
I'm going to guess you did more than just change monitors as only a monitor change should not affect that, unless you changed resolution as someone suggested earlier. If you installed a new card, what you need to do is boot into safe mode, run the program drive sweeper I think is the name, then reboot, and reinstall the latest drivers. This should remove traces of any old video drivers and help you get up and running.

biker_14

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
The video card is Nvidia geforce 9600 GT. Its been in the machine since i bought it 8 months ago from tiger direct. AMD athlon 64 X2 6000 processor. 4 gigs of ram. The power supply is Sunbeam 680 watt.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

are you using an HDMI to DVI converter? i get that error myself occasionally. you could try to change the color signal from RGB to yycrbr (or something like that) and see what happens. you can also tweak the refresh rate to the tune of your lcd's native rate.

when i do get that error message though, the only way i can recover from it is by completely unplugging my system.

im almost certain nvidia f*cked up big time with hdmi.