Sign in with
Your question

My my computer tab isnt on my computer what do I do??

Last response: in Components
November 7, 2009 9:55:16 AM

I am trying to see how much memory I hjave on my computer. I am doing this for a computer class I am taking at church.My grandson was over a week agao and messed with my computer(he is two) and I am not sure where the icon is.

More about : computer tab isnt computer

November 7, 2009 10:45:35 AM

alsgal87 said:
I am trying to see how much memory I hjave on my computer. I am doing this for a computer class I am taking at church.My grandson was over a week agao and messed with my computer(he is two) and I am not sure where the icon is.

Hi

Could you tell us what operating system it is and ill be able to help you.

All the best

HB
November 7, 2009 11:10:36 AM

Hi, It is a windows 2007?? I know it has windows office 2007 and we bought a HP pavillion and it came with office 2007. My husband isnt around for me to ask. I hope that gives enough information. Thanks so much.
Related resources
November 7, 2009 2:55:53 PM

alsgal87 said:
Hi, It is a windows 2007?? I know it has windows office 2007 and we bought a HP pavillion and it came with office 2007. My husband isnt around for me to ask. I hope that gives enough information. Thanks so much.

It is either Windows XP or Windows Vista. When you turn the machine on look for the logo.

Let me know what it is as there is now such thing as Windows 2007.

There is a difference between the two.

November 7, 2009 6:58:11 PM

If it came with Office 2007 it's probably a Vista machine.

Either way... this should work for Vista and XP. click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel. A new window will open. Find System in that window (it looks like a computer monitor with a check mark) and double click it. You should see all of the system specs on this page--including memory (RAM).

Vista will show a single page with a large Windows logo on it; XP opens a smaller window with a bunch of tabs on it. It should default to the General tab which lists memory towards the bottom.

Hope that helps. :) 
!