getting the cheat code to work

Last response: in Video Games
July 15, 2005 1:21:43 AM

I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
console to appear.

I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
but this has foxed me.

What am I doing wrong?

ACC

More about : cheat code work

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:21:44 AM

Andre C wrote:
> I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
> bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
> console to appear.
>
> I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
> to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
> different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
> but this has foxed me.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> ACC

Do you have a program called CursorXP installed? It uses the same key
combination to switch cursors, and can disable bringing up the cheat
window in the Sims. If you have CursorXP, just change the key
combination it uses to something else (I use Ctrl-shift-X, for example).

--
Donna
Anonymous

Some people have difficulties getting the cheat-debug box. Make sure you
are pressing all three keys at the same time.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Andre C" <webmaster@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
> bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
> console to appear.
>
> I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
> to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
> different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
> but this has foxed me.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> ACC
July 15, 2005 1:42:01 AM

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:29:06 GMT, TVTrukChik <tvtrukchik@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Do you have a program called CursorXP installed? It uses the same key
>combination to switch cursors, and can disable bringing up the cheat
>window in the Sims. If you have CursorXP, just change the key
>combination it uses to something else (I use Ctrl-shift-X, for example).

No. I have winwall which uses ctrl-shift key combos but I have only
set up ctrl-shift-1 and 2. But I will double check winwall in case
there is another code.

Only other things running are AV, spybot and the wirelress network
utility.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:54:10 AM

Yep, it was winwall. Thanks for your input it did help me focus.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:28:41 PM

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:21:43 +0100, Andre C <webmaster@aol.com> wrote:

>I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
>bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
>console to appear.
>
>I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
>to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
>different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
>but this has foxed me.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

Windows sticky keys? Filter keys? Press a button lots of times or hold
it down, and the config window will pop up... or perhaps your windows
is configured to another shortcut with that combo. OR maybe you have
the Mac version? hehe
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 10:53:32 PM

Andre C wrote in alt.games.the-sims:

> I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
> bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
> console to appear.
>
> I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
> to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
> different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
> but this has foxed me.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Try pressing the Windows key (the one between Alt and Ctrl) while you
press Ctrl-Shift-C. Works for me, got the tip from someone else on this
newsgroup :-)

--
Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/&gt;

You will pay for your sins.
If you have already paid, please disregard this message.
!