getting the cheat code to work

I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
console to appear.

I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
but this has foxed me.

What am I doing wrong?

ACC
6 answers Last reply
More about getting cheat code work

    Andre C wrote:
    > I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
    > bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
    > console to appear.
    >
    > I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
    > to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
    > different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
    > but this has foxed me.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?
    >
    > ACC

    Do you have a program called CursorXP installed? It uses the same key
    combination to switch cursors, and can disable bringing up the cheat
    window in the Sims. If you have CursorXP, just change the key
    combination it uses to something else (I use Ctrl-shift-X, for example).

    --
    Donna

    Some people have difficulties getting the cheat-debug box. Make sure you
    are pressing all three keys at the same time.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:29:06 GMT, TVTrukChik <tvtrukchik@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Do you have a program called CursorXP installed? It uses the same key
    >combination to switch cursors, and can disable bringing up the cheat
    >window in the Sims. If you have CursorXP, just change the key
    >combination it uses to something else (I use Ctrl-shift-X, for example).

    No. I have winwall which uses ctrl-shift key combos but I have only
    set up ctrl-shift-1 and 2. But I will double check winwall in case
    there is another code.

    Only other things running are AV, spybot and the wirelress network
    utility.

    Yep, it was winwall. Thanks for your input it did help me focus.

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:21:43 +0100, Andre C <webmaster@aol.com> wrote:

    >I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
    >bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
    >console to appear.
    >
    >I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
    >to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
    >different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
    >but this has foxed me.
    >
    >What am I doing wrong?

    Windows sticky keys? Filter keys? Press a button lots of times or hold
    it down, and the config window will pop up... or perhaps your windows
    is configured to another shortcut with that combo. OR maybe you have
    the Mac version? hehe

    Andre C wrote in alt.games.the-sims:

    > I am fairly new to sims 2. I have heard about the ctrl - shift-c to
    > bring up the cheat console yet for the life of me I cannot get this
    > console to appear.
    >
    > I press the above key combo in every screen possible but still nowhere
    > to type boolprop..... I've cap locked, uncap-locked, tried the
    > different shift keys etc. I am usually very competent on these things
    > but this has foxed me.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?

    Try pressing the Windows key (the one between Alt and Ctrl) while you
    press Ctrl-Shift-C. Works for me, got the tip from someone else on this
    newsgroup :-)

    --
    Anna Mazzoldi <http://aynathie.livejournal.com/>

    You will pay for your sins.
    If you have already paid, please disregard this message.

Sims Consoles Games Video Games