Floor tiles

I decided I wanted to have a fountain instead of an indoor pool in this
mansion I'd downloaded. So I deleted the pool and used shift-click to
tile over the spot. Except that there's ONE square in the middle of the
floor where I can't put a tile. I just have the green grass underneath
and no matter what I do, I can't put a tile there.

Anybody know what causes this, and, more importantly, how to work around?

--
--Cuth

wesley

>I decided I wanted to have a fountain instead of an indoor pool in this
>mansion I'd downloaded. So I deleted the pool and used shift-click to tile
>over the spot. Except that there's ONE square in the middle of the floor
>where I can't put a tile. I just have the green grass underneath and no
>matter what I do, I can't put a tile there.
>
> Anybody know what causes this, and, more importantly, how to work around?
>

> --
> --Cuth

Yeah you have to put any tiles on it again and delete again it will gone...

> I decided I wanted to have a fountain instead of an indoor pool in this
> mansion I'd downloaded. So I deleted the pool and used shift-click to
> tile over the spot. Except that there's ONE square in the middle of the
> floor where I can't put a tile. I just have the green grass underneath
> and no matter what I do, I can't put a tile there.
>
> Anybody know what causes this, and, more importantly, how to work around?
>

> --
> --Cuth

Have you tried the boolprop locktiles false cheat?

Jeanie

Jeanie wrote:

> Have you tried the boolprop locktiles false cheat?
>
> Jeanie

Err, no, I haven't; how's that work?

--
--Cuth

> Jeanie wrote:
>
> > Have you tried the boolprop locktiles false cheat?
> >
> > Jeanie
> >

> Err, no, I haven't; how's that work?
>
> --
> --Cuth

Type it into the cheat box and it will let you place floor tiles in places
that you ordinarily can't put them, like in the street. It's the way you
can "erase" the sidewalk in front of the house for a more "rural" setting,
or to make a medieval castle look more authentic. It might work in your
case. If it doesn't I guess you can always just set something over the
spot.

Jeanie

Betty

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
message
> Jeanie wrote:
>
> > Have you tried the boolprop locktiles false cheat?
> >
> > Jeanie
> >

> Err, no, I haven't; how's that work?
>
> --
> --Cuth

Type it into the cheat box and it will let you place floor tiles in
places
that you ordinarily can't put them, like in the street. It's the way
you
can "erase" the sidewalk in front of the house for a more "rural"
setting,
or to make a medieval castle look more authentic. It might work in your
case. If it doesn't I guess you can always just set something over the
spot.

Jeanie

Jeanie, where are you finding all these cheats? I didn't know about this
one.

Betty

> > > Have you tried the boolprop locktiles false cheat?
> > >
> > > Jeanie
> > >

> > Err, no, I haven't; how's that work?
> >
> > --
> > --Cuth
> >
> Type it into the cheat box and it will let you place floor tiles in
> places
> that you ordinarily can't put them, like in the street. It's the way
> you
> can "erase" the sidewalk in front of the house for a more "rural"
> setting,
> or to make a medieval castle look more authentic. It might work in your
> case. If it doesn't I guess you can always just set something over the
> spot.
>
> Jeanie
>
> Jeanie, where are you finding all these cheats? I didn't know about this
> one.
>
> Betty

I found a lot of them by reading through the forums at MTS2.

Jeanie

Betty

> I found a lot of them by reading through the forums at MTS2.
>
> Jeanie

Thanks Jeanie, I need to start reading more.

Betty

Jeanie wrote:

> Type it into the cheat box and it will let you place floor tiles in places
> that you ordinarily can't put them, like in the street. It's the way you
> can "erase" the sidewalk in front of the house for a more "rural" setting,
> or to make a medieval castle look more authentic. It might work in your
> case. If it doesn't I guess you can always just set something over the
> spot.
>
> Jeanie

Thanks, but it didn't work. Just to make sure I was doing it right I
tried adding tiles in other places one normally can't, and that worked.
But This one square still will not allow tiles.

I thought maybe the terrain was not flat, but I checked it out with the
terrain tools and it should be able to hold a tile. I've since devised
a sort of cheat: I colored the grass square a sandy color to match the
tile as closely as possible, and even created a similar tile on the
other side of the floor symmetrically so that they match. It looks
passable, like it's part of the rustic floor design, but still, if
anyone figures out another way to put a tile there, I'd appreciate
hearing it.

--
--Cuth