Sign in with
Your question

Which Processor would be the best for my needs?

Last response: in CPUs
November 7, 2009 4:27:20 PM

I am looking to buy a high-performance computer based on the budget I have. A budget of around $600.

I want to know which Intel processor would be best. I would love an i5 or i7 but sadly I can't afford it. The next options would be Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Quad.

Ill be using the computer for 3D Animation/ Visual Effects and sometimes play Microsoft Flight Simulator.

But the type of software that I'll be running would be Adobe CS4/CS3 products, Softimage XSI and Cinema 4D.

Thank You

More about : processor

a b à CPUs
November 7, 2009 4:36:46 PM

Zuhairr said:
I am looking to buy a high-performance computer based on the budget I have. A budget of around $600.

I want to know which Intel processor would be best. I would love an i5 or i7 but sadly I can't afford it. The next options would be Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Quad.

Ill be using the computer for 3D Animation/ Visual Effects and sometimes play Microsoft Flight Simulator.

But the type of software that I'll be running would be Adobe CS4/CS3 products, Softimage XSI and Cinema 4D.

Thank You

The type of workload you're wanting to use the computer for screams Intel Core i7 but I understand the price range.

Have you thought about an AMD Phenom II X4 based system? It would offer you around the same level of performance as a Core 2 Quad based system at a lower price point (the Core 2 Quad platform is also reaching an EOL meaning End of Life status therefore purchasing such a platform is not really worth it IMHO).
Related resources
!