Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Video card not responding problem please help

Last response: in Overclocking
October 9, 2011 6:08:32 AM

sir , i have a lenovo y560 laptop with windows 7, i7, 4gb RAM , and ati readon5730. From some time i am experiencing a problem .Sometime while watching video or playing game suddenly pc gets too slow nearly dead slow. sometime it recovers by giving message "video card stopped responding now it as recovered successfully " but many time i had to stop the pc from power button and restart it . please give me some permanent solution for this. thankssssss in advance
a b K Overclocking
October 9, 2011 9:40:50 AM

this is common when a video card over heats. go download speed fan or GPUZ and monitor your temps. you may want to set your fan control manually and get the laptop blown out. you might have alot of dust up in the fan. my money is on an over heating video card tho. I useto replace lots of thermal compound on lenovos and Toshiba when i worked at geek squad. they are overheating all the time. your video card should be below 75C in a perfect world
m
l
October 9, 2011 11:34:47 AM

sir , i had gpu-z 5.5 while it is showing temperature of 64 to 66c . and how to increase fan speed.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
October 9, 2011 11:41:48 AM

at 66 i doubt its a heating issue. you can download MSI after burner to increase fan speeds. it may or may not work depending on your chipset. worth a shot i guess. try uninstalling your ATI drivers and CCC then restart and install new drivers from ATI's website. it could be a driver issue.
October 15, 2011 9:06:37 AM

i had re install the drivers .......... now i had not faced that problem from 5 days ........ thanks...........
m
l
October 15, 2011 9:07:00 AM

Best answer selected by sid22.
m
l
!