190.62 has stopped responding - is my hardware broken?

Hi,

I recently got a new computer consisting, main parts, of the asus rampage II ROG, corsair 850HX, 12 GB OCZ platinum ram and a core i7 920. My graphics card used to be 2x GTX285, but I changed them to a, my current, GTX295. They worked fine, but I didn't like SLI.

On both setups, I've had this issue where a 3D application would stop working, go black, and a message would appear saying that the "190.62 has stopped responding but has now recovered". This also happened with the version 190.58. It doesn't happen with all applications/benchmarks, but sometimes..I can't figure out when.

The temperature is typically around 55 degrees celcius when running a 3D game.

My question is, whether or not this most likely means some hardware is broken? Otherwise the computer is working perfectly.

It should of course be said that I have OC'ed both the CPU/RAM and the GPU a bit, but not very much.

Help :<

Thanks!
14 answers Last reply
More about stopped responding hardware broken
  1. I have encountered the same error you are receiving but only when i have been overclocking my GPU. I have a much lower quality GPU (just an 8800) but I noticed the error during stress testing. When i dialed back the OC a bit the problem seemed to go away. I chalked it up to pushing my hardware a bit too far
  2. I think you're right, I just wanted some more opinions :) More are still welcome!

Btw how hot can a GPU get before it's too much?

I can't decide whether or not it's acceptable or not. Same goes for my CPU really.
  3. I'm finding myself asking the same questions.

I'm just starting to get into Overclocking myself.
  4. I have the same dreaded issue...my system spec is much the same as yours and i have not overclocked anything...its really frustrating...
  5. ottosen said:
    My graphics card used to be 2x GTX285, but I changed them to a, my current, GTX295. They worked fine, but I didn't like SLI.

Fail.
  6. Have any of you tried any of the 18x.xx drivers?
  7. yes...i've tried just about all drivers available...
  8. ridic23 said:
    I have the same dreaded issue...my system spec is much the same as yours and i have not overclocked anything...its really frustrating...

That comment makes me a sad panda. Thought I was starting to see a connection between OC'ing and the problem.
  9. The worst part is i have even turned off dual gpu mode and it still is the same....the bizarre part is i have not got a single BSOD with my new PC....Just this "Pull ur hair out" type of problem...
  10. any new developments?????
  11. 190.89 Drivers.
  12. i fear it it will only intensify the existing problem.....ive decided 2 jump ship....ATI will be my next.....
  13. See ya.
  14. ridic23 said:
    i fear it it will only intensify the existing problem.....ive decided 2 jump ship....ATI will be my next.....

You should take ottosen's advice and get a 4870 X2 so you wont have to worry about crossfire scaling...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics