Bios key will not open menu

Hi, My Bios key (delete key) will not respond and open up the Bios menu. However I can press f8 and open up the boot menu. Any ideas why this is happening?
2 answers Last reply
More about bios open menu
  1. Some systems require the F1 or F2 key to be depressed to enter BIOS. Try them all! LOL.
  2. Thanks for the quick response. I tried them all. Its strange because a couple of weeks ago I could get into the bios using the delete key. I had trouble starting 2 weeks ago with my main hard drive. It would boot to the windows start up, then to a black screen with a moveable cursor. I used f8 to boot off of my older hard drive and its fine. I scanned my new one for viruses and found nothing. Tried everything to get it to work, I just recently formatted it. However I went to install windows xp on it again, and I thought it worked fine. It booted up to a fresh install but then I see it installed the windows folder on to my older drive. So now there's 2 copies of windows on my old drive. :pt1cable: I dont know why it won't let me install to my new one. I thought maybe accessing the Bios could help to change boot order.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Boot Motherboards