NVidia to show off its own DX11 hardware on September 10th

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
If u put Crysis side by side with a machine running DX10 and DX9 u could probley tell the difference . Take anyone out there and show them 1 machine running 10 then another running 9. Then ask them to make a choice between which is which. Good luck in figuring it out.

Its not a huge increase in visuals. Just some Bells and Whistles.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182140/index.html

I notice more ripples in the waves that about it. and some slightly richer color on some bushes and trees.

jennyh

Splendid
Don't discount Nvidia's marketing, they are bloody good at it.

Nvidia will make a better job of selling inferior hardware than AMD will make of selling much superior hardware. It's up to you to ensure as many people you know make the right choice.

jennyh

Splendid

You can tell how much better the lighting in dx10 is tbh. I'm not saying that it would detract from your game experience if you didnt have it, but the stills pretty clearly show that dx10 is an advance.

Dx11 will be a much clearer advance than that. Enough to sell gpu's and windows 7? Time will tell.

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I sure will be getting a new GPU and windows 7. Ill probley hand my GTX 260 and copy of vista 64 down to my girlfriend since shes still using an 8800.