When i take my computer out of standby my router drops out

tagalongw

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
My wideband cable goes to my modem the output of my modem goes to my netgear router and my router goes to my computer. iIf i have my computer in the standby mode as soon as i take it out of standby the router drops out. Does anyone know what might cause this

There have always been compatibility issues with standby, hibernation, sleep, etc...and there has never been a definitive solution that works with all hardware. Except the monitor standby.
If you enter power profile setup, you can disable standby, hibernation and sleep. Leave monitor standby on. Set the monitor standby to a certain amount of minutes. You can set the hard drive to stop after a certain amount of minutes.
This way the monitor goes into standby, the drive can standby, but the rest of the system will not disconnect from the router.
Another issue to look at is a feature that turns off hardware to "save power." You can go through the hardware list and set the hardware so it does not turn off. This thing will disable the mouse, keyboard, Ethernet ports, etc...because it thinks power will be saved.
But the end result is that when saving power, the computer will be locked up, because the mouse, keyboard, Ethernet port will be shut off.
"allow turn off this device to save power" uncheck the box, in the power profiles. Then save your profile.
For some reason, the problem has never had a solution, except to disable standby. And this problem does not happen on all computers. But when it does, it makes you pull your hair out.