Sign in with
Your question

P7P55D-E Pro OV DRAM switch position?

Last response: in Motherboards
February 4, 2010 3:26:20 AM

I just got my new P7P55D-E Pro and made the stupid move of changing the OV_DRAM switch position and forgot the original position.
I was not that worried about it since I have the manual. However the manual is less than clear. It SEEMS to indicate that the normal position is towards the left,
but that is open to interpretation...and different from what I have seen in some pictures. It mentions something about a RED position, but don't see any red (which is making me see red!)
Can somebody tell me the default non-overvoltage position so I don't burn up my RAM.
Thanks
a b V Motherboard
February 4, 2010 10:21:08 AM

I have a P7P55D Deluxe
All 3 of the little switches were to the left when I pulled it out of the box, so I left them there.
m
l
February 19, 2010 11:46:31 PM

It turned out that the normal (non-overvoltage position) is with the switch moved to the right (towards the closest corner.) If moved to the left, a red LED lights up when power is applied....(so that is what they meant by 'red').
The manual is VERY unclear on this and I would have assumed the opposite, based upon the picture provided. Bad Asus!
At least the board works very well, so I am happy.
m
l
!