Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Buffalo vs. Western Digital Portable Hard Drive

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
May 29, 2011 7:56:20 AM

Well, I don’t know much about external hard drives. I’m going to be buying either the Buffalo MiniStation Stealth USB 3.0 1TB or the Western Digital My Passport Essential Se USB 3.0 1TB. I read about several problems from people using Western Digital saying that it does not connect properly, there’s some sort of annoying virtual cd program and so on. There sounds like there’s a lot of problem with it but when I read the reviews, they were all about the good things.

Meanwhile, I tried to Google people having problems with the Buffalo hard drives and there seems to be none. I need your opinions on which would be a better buy. Thanks

More about : buffalo western digital portable hard drive

Anonymous
May 29, 2011 7:59:33 AM

Oh, and I forgot to add; which is more durable and reliable?
m
l

Best solution

June 30, 2011 1:33:33 PM

I've had a Western Digital 400Gb mypassport drive for about a year now and I thought it was great at first but I think it's now finally giving up the ghost. The connection from the hard drive to the USB cable is a bit flakey. At the moment I'm having to jam something under the cable so that it's at an angle with the drive to get it to work at all.

I was thinking about replacing it with a Buffalo although I haven't had any experience with them before. I'm definately not buying another Western Digital...they just don't seem to be very well made.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 28, 2011 2:47:48 AM

Best answer selected by cool_blue7730.
m
l
Anonymous
August 28, 2011 2:49:50 AM

GrimFace said:
I've had a Western Digital 400Gb mypassport drive for about a year now and I thought it was great at first but I think it's now finally giving up the ghost. The connection from the hard drive to the USB cable is a bit flakey. At the moment I'm having to jam something under the cable so that it's at an angle with the drive to get it to work at all.

I was thinking about replacing it with a Buffalo although I haven't had any experience with them before. I'm definately not buying another Western Digital...they just don't seem to be very well made.

Sorry for such a late reply but thank you for your honest opinion. I have chosen to buy the Buffalo external hard drive and so far it has been without problem and it comes with a 3 years warranty. A great buy in my opinion.
m
l
!