Error message when trying to access c drive

After installing Windows XP on a Dell 4100 I get an error
message when trying to access the "c" drive through "my
computer" which reads:please go to Control panel to
install and configure system components. What are they
looking for to install and configure?

Right-click C:\ drive and choose 'open'. Locate the file named autorun.inf and delete it. Reboot.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp