"No suitable driver" with GTS250

toooinx

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I've just bought my new graphics card and physically installed it into my computer. The problem is there are "No suitable drivers".

gts250error.png

My GTS 250 is in fact supported, according to this list

gts250error2.png

Even the downloaded driver from the NVIDIA (190.62) website isn't installing, and I just get this error:

gts250error3.png

My specs are as follows:

AMD 780G motherboard
2GB DDR2 RAM
AMD Phenom 9150e x4 (1.8GHz~)
(The 250GTS is 1GB SLI, I think.)
I currently have my monitor plugged into my onboard graphics as, obviously, as the card isn't installed.

A problem that I think there is, is that the gfx card is bottlenecking a processor.

I've tried older drivers, they didn't work.

Connecting the monitor to the card just gives a blank screen like any graphics card. I doesn't show in device manager, because it's not installed.

Any help is appreciated.

The problem is, you have the video connected to your onboard video. Go into your BIOS and dissable the onboard video so that you can use the dedicated video card. Then reboot the machine with your monitor connected to the GTS250. If you don't get a picture turn it off and open the side of your case. Make sure that the card is properly seated in your PCI-E slot and that you have properly connected the PCI-E power adapter to the back of the card. If you didn't connect that adapter properly the card will not work.

toooinx

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
If the card is completely dead, or my PCIe slot is broken, what will happen then? My onboard will be disabled and I won't have a picture.

toooinx

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Right, I did it, nothing of my worries happened. But the card's still not working.

I've checked the card physically, and it took that long to get in I daren't take it out again. :D

1tym

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008

Did you plug the 6 pin power connector to the graphics card?

toooinx

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Problem solved, after taking another look at it, it seems there is 2 6-pin power sockets. I had it plugged into the wrong one.

They were identical slots and I had no idea that would be it.

Thanks for everything though. :)

ramdoode

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
so now can u install the latest display drivers from nvidia ,cuz i have this same problem and the same message appear also and i just wanna install the latest display drivers but i can cuz of this error