wolfman72

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Hi, I just need an opinion on the Akasa 968 cooler is it ideal for the black edition 955. My temperatures read 44-46 idle in AMD overdrive software, BIOS reads cooler by nearly 10 degrees and PC Wizard 33-35 degrees.

I was messing with the unlocked multiplier yesterday tryng in little stages until I got to 3.7GHZ without adjusting any voltages.
In overdrive the temperatures were 54-58 tweaking was done through BIOS not overdrive. Went in to BF3 for a short quick test and using pc wizard has a guide in the corner of the screen. Settings on full pc wizard temps seemed fine overdrive temps hit 80 I quit straight away turned pc off went straight in to BIOS CPU was 45 degrees. The cooler was warm but not overly hot.

Is overdrive inaccurate and what is the best cooler to get for under £30.

wolfman72

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Ive decided the Akasa is not much good under stock temperature seems high. Ive just pulled out my stock cooler it's smaller more roomy and fitted it. I think one problem I was having it was blowing straight on to the graphics card. On an Intel system it can be turned 90 degrees so blowing towards the exhast fan. I did have an evo blue could that be used for overclocking the 955?